CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Fun Filled Weekend...

Saturday was a lot of fun, we woke up and then we all went out. My dad took the boys to get hair cuts, to the Confederate Museum in Greenville, and then down to Falls Park before meeting up with us for lunch at Wild Wings.

My mom and I took the girls and we went to this really great little place called The Beaded Frog. It's a jewelry place where you make your own jewelry. You pick out the beads and everything. The girls and I all made a set of earrings. Mine ended up being a really interesting mix. There were these beads made out of recycled bottlecaps, so I got to use those as part of my earrings. I found some unique beer bottlecaps, with the colors black, yellow and red in the cap and then created the earring around that.

We met up with my dad and the boys for lunch, then we did the Mice on Main search, which is really a unique thing! You have clues and have to find these small metal mice, hidden all over Main street in downtown Greenville. The kids had a blast searching for all the mice.

It was a HOT day, and when we got back, we all collapsed in the air conditioning for a while. My parents and I uncorked a couple bottles of wine before turning in for the night, so it was nice to sit and chat with them for a while after the kids went to bed.

This morning, I woke up early (had to set the alarm on the phone) and the boys and I had plans to visit Carowinds, an amusement park that's right on the North Carolina and South Carolina border- quite literally! We started off our day by eating breakfast with my parents and the girls at Tommy's Country Ham House, which is my dad's favorite little breakfast spot! It was absolutely delicious!

The boys and I got on the road, and about two hours later we arrived at Carowinds. We spent half the day in North Carolina and half the day in South Carolina, riding rollercoasters and even getting splashed by the Whitewater falls ride - it's not just a splash zone, it's a SOAKER zone. I watched people for a while get hosed by the splash, coming out absolutely drenched to the bone, then after a while decided I was hot enough to put the bag down and get splashed myself. The boys, of course had already been soaked. We rode EVERY major rollercoaster in the park, and then a few side rides too. It was a long day, but we had a blast!

When we got back, my mom's cousin Gregory was at the house with his wife and kids, so we all got to meet them and have a great dinner. The sun sapped us all of energy, and it wasn't long before we all decided to turn in for the night. I'm on my way to bed right now, as I'm typing this, I'm in my pjs and in the bed! Yawn... had to update about our fun weekend. Now I'm trying to find something to do with the kids tomorrow that will be predominantly in the shade.

Guess I'll figure it out tomorrow...

0 comments: