CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Welcome!

I'm embarking on the adventure of a lifetime. I, Audrey, and my four children, ranging in age from 6 to 10 are going on a summer-long road trip across the country.

Some people call me lucky, some people call me crazy... either way, I feel it will be our "Summer of Fun" and a way for me to show these kids just how wonderful our country is.

I've wanted to take a cross-country trip ever since I was a kid. I've wanted to see the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, the Giant Sequoias, Cadillac Ranch and all sorts of other landmarks and national parks that I've only seen in movies.

In addition, I will be scouting potential new job opportunities.

Our trip will be broken up into two parts. The first three weeks or so, we are staying with family and friends. Our first destination is Nashville, TN, where I used to live. We'll be staying there for almost a week, and I'm going to try and interview at least once or twice for a potential new job. After that, we're headed for a weekend at The Farm, in rural Tennessee. The Farm is a working commune that focuses on eco-friendly living. I've been wanting to visit for a long time, and I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with green-thinking individuals.

From The Farm, we're heading east to Greenville, SC, where we will spend a week with my parents and celebrate the 4th of July. Then, we head south to Fort Lauderdale, FL, where the kids get to spend a week with their father, and his side of the family. I, will be enjoying the week alone and relaxing on the beach. Since I went to high school down in Fort Lauderdale and used to work there in the late 90s, early 2000s, I will probably use that time to interview for a few positions in Florida as well.

After I pick the kids up from their dad, I'm heading further south to Key West. One of my friends owns a condo on Key West, so we'll be visiting with her and her family for a few days.

From there, we head north to Tallahassee, then west... The rest of the trip itinerary is somewhat fluid, with stops in New Orleans, Memphis, Little Rock, Dallas, Denver and so on!

We are doing this trip on a serious budget, but I'm still looking for a sponsor who will receive the opportunity to wrap my Honda Pilot with their advertisement (though they must leave space for co-branding with my website- www.singlemomroadtrip.com) and provide us with hotel/motel accommodations as well. A full media inquiry kit is available, just send me an email.

Also, if you're on facebook, you can look up Single Mom Road Trip and you should be able to find our Fan Page. Become a fan and follow along, seeing photos posted and more.

This blog will contain: Photos, Blog Posts from me but also the kids as well, Videos/Slideshows from each of our destinations, as well as en route.

I'm excited. I hope you follow us around the country and I look forward to reading your comments!

Our road trip begins on June 19, 2009. In the coming days, I will be posting about the preparations I'm making to make our trip as easy as possible.

0 comments: